Being a freelancer or contractor brings with it great freedom, but also carries significant risks. This is why we have developed Qdos Freelancer Legal Protection, which will provide comprehensive cover in respect of legal-related risks.
The annual premium for Qdos Freelancer Legal Protection is just £66.00.
Legal Protection Insurance
The policy is designed specifically with contractors in mind and provides cover for up to £50,000 in legal expenses in respect of the following (please note that a lower limit applies to certain sections of cover as detailed below):
- Jury Service Cover – up to £500 per day and a maximum total of £5,000
- Contract Cover – up to £5,000 legal expenses cover towards contractual disputes with an agency or client
- Debt Recovery – representation in the pursuit of legal proceedings in respect of an uncontested debt
- Property Disputes – legal costs relating to property or tenancy
- Personal Injury – costs incurred in the pursuit of proceedings to recover damages for the death or injury of an insured person
In addition to the above, the policy also provides cover in respect of:
- Employment Disputes
- Criminal Prosecutions
- Wrongful Arrest Defence
- Health & Safety Prosecutions
- Data Protection
- Restrictive Covenants
The policy cover is subject to nil excess as standard where the Qdos-appointed representative is used in the event of a claim.
Should you decide to appoint your own choice of representative (e.g. accountant or solicitor) in the event of a claim, an 'increased excess' of £1,000 will apply.
Statement of Demands & Needs
When purchasing a product from our shop you will first be asked to register for an account. Once you have completed our online application form and made payment, you will be able to log into your account to view your policy documents or product information.
It is important that before deciding to purchase a Qdos product you consider whether the insurance is appropriate for you.
You should read thoroughly all the product information we have made available to you, in particular the Specimen Policy Wording together with the Summary of Cover (Key Facts) before deciding to purchase your chosen product. These documents contain the full Policy Terms and Conditions.
Please note that you are basing your purchase solely on your own interpretation of the information we have provided.